Are Girls Allowed In NDA? Know Eligibility For Female NDA Exam Candidates
The 24th of September 2021 was an iconic day for NDA exam female aspirants. This is because the widely known webpage of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) turned to pink. This symbolizes the changes adopted by the government and that they are now offering opportunities to women candidates for gaining permanent charge in Defence Forces of India. NDA is one of the most esteemed entrance examinations conducted every year for aspirants who seek to join the defence sector. The NDA exam is carried on twice every year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for giving access to prestigious Army, Navy, and Air Force wings of NDA as well as the respected Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). NDA exams comprises of two major stages: one is the written exam, and the other is the SSB Interview.
Are Girls Allowed in NDA?
Yes, girls are now finally allowed to appear for the NDA Exam. In conformity with the judgment of the Honourable Supreme Court in the brief case of Kush Kalra Vs. Union of India & Others, UPSC has released the newest announcement for the Recruitment of Female Candidates into the NDA. With respect to the NDA Exam 2021, there were two women who have been allowed to appear for the exam. As per the latest NDA result, there are around 1002 women out of 8000 contenders who have been asked to appear for SSB interviews.
What Is the Female Eligibility in NDA Exam?
- NDA Eligibility Female: Nationality
To appear for NDA, the female candidate must be:
1) A citizen of India or
2) A subject of Nepal or
3) A subject of Bhutan
4) A Tibetan refugee who entered India prior to January 1, 1962, with the purpose of permanently settling down in India or
5) A person formerly Indian who has travelled from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the purpose of permanently settling down in India.
6) Given that a candidate fitting to categories 2, 3, 4 and 5 shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been released by the Indian government.
7) A certificate of eligibility will not, though, be needed in the case of applicants who are Nepal’s Gorkha subjects.
NDA Eligibility Female: Age Limit
- For NDA 2, female aspirants must have been born not prior to January 2, 2002, and not later than January 1, 2005.
- For NDA 1, female aspirants must be born not prior to July 2, 2001, and not after July 1, 2004.
- The commission will agree to the date of birth which is entered in Class 10 or 12 certificates of the female aspirant.
- The female aspirants ought to submit these certificates after the announcement of the written exam result.
NDA Eligibility Female: Educational Qualification
The educational qualification specified for female aspirants for admission to the various academies are given below:
- The Army wing of NDA
- Has cleared class 12 or parallel examination from a well-recognized educational board
- The Air Force and Naval wings of NDA as well as 10+2 Cadet entry scheme at INA.
- Given Class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics
Candidates who are performing in Class 12th or comparable examination can apply.
Candidates performing in the Class 11th exam are not eligible.
NDA Eligibility Girls: Marital Status
Only single male/female candidates are qualified to apply for NDA Exam. Other than the above-stated eligibility criteria, there are certain physical fitness standards that must be accomplished by the candidates to be ultimately selected.
Applicants must note that NDA eligibility for males and females is the same, except for the physical criteria.
NDA Notification For Girls: Exam Fee
Female candidates are not obliged to pay fees for their application for this NDA Examination.